I have decided to put aside my ususal cynicsm to enjoy the YOG. It is good to see the young ones enjoying themselves. The faces of innocence, the youthful spirit bring back memories of my long lost youth. The pure happiness of enjoying sport, not tainted by fame, sponsorship, wealth yet. So nice.
Category Archives: 2010
– Paul the Octopus’ 8/8 correct predictions; viva la Octopus ! He wrote the future better then any of the featured stars of the Nike’s “Write the future” ad. Every stars in the Nike ad went out early. They featured an Robinho ad during Holland vs Brazil and Brazil was immediately knocked out.
– Since I started watching world cup in 1986, I have seen Italy knocked out in the 2nd round (1986, 2002), semi final (1990, most heartbreaking), runner-up (1994), quarter-finalist (1998) and World cup holder (2006). This is the first time I’ve seen them departed at the first round. In fact, I couldn’t bare to watch the matches whenever their oponents scored. Nevertheless, 4 years ago, if somebody told Italy that in exchange for the world cup, your next tournament will be a dissapointment, I believe they would take it. I will definitely take it. With the passage of time, I hope people will remember Lippi and company for their achievement in 2006 and forget 2010.
– France was really entertaining for all the squabble ; it really brightened up the rather boring 1st round matches which usually ended with 1-0, o-o or 1-1 scores.
– This is the first time a host country, the 2 finalist of the previous world cup did not make it pass the first round.
– I will remember Honda driving Japan to 2nd round.
– I have more respect for S Korea’s 2nd round exit than their 2002 semi-final.
– After hearing so much of N Korea 1966, we finally get to see N Korea 2010. Quite painful to see them lose 7-0 to Portugal. If Portugal can only score 7 goals in the entire tournament, they used up all their quota in that match.
– After a low scoring and dull first round, the matches got better in the knock-up phase.
– I love the Maradona’s led Argentina. In 1986, I adore Maradona. In 1990, I hate him and Argentina for kicking Italy out by penalty shootout. In 1994, I like him again. I feel lucky that I have watched Maradona at his prime. I don’t think we will be able to see another football superstar like him again. I feel the joy he bring to Argentina’ football and enjoy all their matches in 2010. I saw glimpse of Messi’s talent and wish to see more of it.
– Holland came from behind to beat Brazil. Yeah ! Because of this, I was rooting for the Oranje in the final.
– Uruguay really surprised me. Diego Forlan’s free kicks are really superb and he deserved the Golden Ball award. The last few minutes of Uruagy-Ghana is really intensed reality TV. Unlike all the moral police, I don’t have a problem with Suarez’s handball. He was punished and Ghana was awarded a penalty. Ghana’s fate was from heaven to hell while Uruary’s was from hell to heaven in minutes. This is football, this is life. In the injury time against Holland when Uruguay was 3-1 down, they were still trying to crawl back by scoring a goal and still trying to equalised. Their 3rd placing match against Germany is very enjoyable. Forlan is inches away from scoring another goal at the last second.
– German team proove that youth is the most valuable asset. I used to dislike the German team in the 90s in view of their robotic football but my view has gradually changed since 2002. Their demolition of England/Argentina was entertaining even though I wasn’t rooting for them.
– Loew is charming while Maradona is charismatic. The Japan coach looked like a stressed-out management.
– I felt for Holland’s 3rd defeat in a final. The players really want it.
– I prefer Spain when they are underachieving and choking. They bored me to death in 2010. Why is their 1-0 hailed as beautiful whilst Italy was labelled as anti-football ? All the possesion to ensure the other team does not score (and couldn’t score themselves) is just a slightly different version of catenaccio. At least in catenacio, you have to score first before you defend.
– First time an European country win outside Europe.
– A team that lost the first match won the cup.
– A new country win the world cup.
– No more Vuvuzela, please.
Edited : How can I forget Lampard’s disallowed goal that clearly crossed the line ? It will be talked about for the next 44 years.
arrivederci, Italy. It takes 24 years to win another world cup but only 4 years to go down hill. That’s football.
The press will gleefully lynch you but I will continue to root for Italia.
Forza Azzurri 2014 !
Feeling miserable right now. Italy is one goal down.
It is the most suffering world cup so far in my life. I couldn’t take leave. I have difficulty falling asleep in order to catch the 2.30 am match. I am sick, having bodyache, cough, running nose.
I thought I could be detached after seeing Italia won the cup in 2006, but I am still frustrated seeing them losing. The same old Italia that made me suffer for much of my life.
Nevertheless, forza Italia !
Edited : result 1:1
Jan : phone, power ranger. 2 boxes of grapeseed extract juice
Feb: beauty pills, curtains, bedsheet, blouse, pants + shorts +slippers, 52號的殺氣, beauty pills, 神雕俠侶, hakubi b， 色相
Mar : goat milk shower gel, Eason’s cd + merchandise, H&M leggings, legging @ robinson, 就算天空再深， 有點火，人情？世故， 從零開始II，往事如真，霎時感動，鏡花 facial mask, eye mask, dry fit shirt + bras
Apr : Ben10, hello kitty, doraemon, 絕代商驕， 每當變幻時，情人眼里高一d, bag, weights, red laces, eye rolls, collagen, sport bras， kipling bag, casio watch
May : fade cream, 忘記他（往事如真2.0），毫無代價唱最幸福的歌，鹿鼎記（2nd edition), 神雕俠侶（2nd edition), 我的美麗日記， blue moutain, avene sunblock, sandals x 2, deuter pouch, sport bra
Jun : bermuda, ultraman toy, princess tiara, facial mask, 歲月神偷， 好小子
July : shoes, innershine, moisterizer, 2 dry-fit shirts, cleansing lotion + whitening gel
Aug : collagen drinks, 笑傲江湖, Innershine
Sep : shorts ($10), usb cable ($2), pants ($20), bra ($19), women’ vitamin ($28), blouse ($39), cliqnue laser focus + moisturiser (S$102), Mark & Spencer skirt, 1 uniqlo bottom
Oct : clock, Mark & Spencer’s skirt + shirt, clock, Mark & Spencer’s skirt + pants + blouses, Daiso’ chopsticks, Taste the Atmosphere, Tokyo tour book
Nov : Doraemon, Fancl green tea, SKII, 先吃甜品，知情，識趣，十種矛盾的快樂 ，天天都在準備中 ， 冰蠶 ，從零開始III, 娛樂圈99奇案
Dec : Nike sport bra, vouchers, armband, phone charger, name card holder, ceramic dogs, mark and spencer shirt, bras + panties, charcoal, clarinas, DHC travel set, 出發， watch, mag with dna bag
Feb : , 52號的殺氣 人淡如菊，愛情只不過古老傳説
Mar ：神雕俠侶, 女神, 往事如真
May : 人情，世故, 毫無代價唱最幸福的歌
Jul : 開開心心又一天
Aug : Road less travelled， 字裏人生
Sep : 戀之風景. 愛在joyce的日子裏，德芬郡奶油
Oct : 最錯就是愛上你, 她成功了，我沒有，要多美麗，又多美麗，悄悄的一線光, 靈心， 愛情慢慢殺死你，不二心，漫長迂迴的路
Feb : Alice In Wonderland
Apr : Shutter Island
Jun : 業問二
July : Inception
Sep : Wall Street, Money never sleep
Nov : Harry Potter, The kids are alright, Grown up
Dec : Social Network
Jan : 光陰的故事
May ：Amazing Race， Survivor
Aug : 歲月神偷，每當變幻時 （DVDs)
Sep : 情人眼裏高一d
Mar : Duo
Apr : D.N.A
May : Alan/Hacken
Jun : Mayday
Aug :YOG (Diving, football)
Sep : Duo, 三大難高音
電腦換了幾個，擁有了上世紀不普及的手機，不存在的MP3，MP4，淘汰了walkman。 Youtube 是我主要娛樂。當年必須到牛車水買港報, 現在庸才不出門，上網也能知天下事。 當年在没丰富娛樂選擇的年代，讀了金庸，倪匡的小説，帶給我了很多樂趣。現今，很難了。